The chakra governing our power and will, located above the navel is the solar plexus chakra. It controls our self-esteem and intuition or gut-instincts. The Sanskrit name for this chakra is Manipura, which means Lustrous Gem.
â€śRamâ€ť or â€śAumâ€ť
Power and will
Upper abdomen, umbilicus to rib cage, liver, gallbladder, middle spine, spleen, kidney, adrenals, small intestines, stomach, adrenals, skin, duodenum, pancreas
Personal power, personality, consciousness of self within the universe (sense of belonging), knowing
A balanced manipura chakra brings with it strong personal power and self-motivation. A person with a clear solar plexus chakra realizes that her reality is for her to create and deal with. As a result there is very little conflict with self and others. Such a person has a strong will power and can make decisions easily. A good self image that comes with this balanced chakra helps a person balance thoughts and emotions, will power and surrendering to the soul and also intellect and intuition. Such a person is outgoing, expressive, spontaneous and skilful.
An over active manipura chakra would not only make a person workaholic, but also a perfectionist. Such a person is incapable of showing warmth and is judgmental. A person with excessive solar plexus chakra energy may need to take drugs to relax and would have low sexual energy.
A weak manipura chakra can harbor depression and confusion. A person with an unclear manipura chakra lacks confidence and needs constant reassurance. Such a person would also be distrustful, but still be afraid of being alone and give too much value to othersâ€™ opinions. She would often be depressed, full of guilt and obsessed with worries.
Issues associated with a weak or unclear Solar Plexus Chakra are:
1. Digestive problems
3. Food allergies
4. Liver problems
7. Muscle cramps
10. Stomach ulcers
11. Intestinal tumors
15. Adrenal imbalances
18. Colon diseases
2. Excessive worrying
3. Hypochondriac pain
How to balance the Solar Plexus Chakra
There are various ways in which you can balance your solar plexus chakra to prevent or heal the ailments associated with it.
1. Dance - Twist, hoola hooping, and belly dancing
1. Bow poses
2. Bhujangasana or The Cobra pose
3. Vajroli Mudra or Abs strengthener
4. Crocodile exercises
- Granola and Grains: pastas, breads, cereal, rices, flax seed, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Dairy: milk, cheeses, yogurt
- Spices: ginger, mints (peppermint, spearmint, etc.), melissa, chamomile, turmeric, cumin, fennel
Place your hands in front of your stomach a little below the solar plexus. Join the fingers of both the hands at the top such that the fingers are facing away from you. Keep the fingers straight and thumbs crossed. Concentrate on the chakra locate at the spine just above the navel level and chant the mantra â€śRamâ€ť.
Say the following whenever you can
1. I deeply love and approve of who I am
2. I am worthy of my own-self-love
3. I love and respect myself at all times
4. I trust in love
5. I trust my worthiness
6. I am worth my weight in gold
7. There are no failures. I learn from everything I do.
8. I believe that everything is for my highest good and greatest joy
9. I love life
10. I listen to and trust my deepest insights
11. I am worthy of the very best in life
12. I release judgment and let my life flow
Gemstones/Minerals, Flower Essences and Scents -
Various minerals, gemstones, flower essences and scents help to stimulate, energize and cleanse the solar plexus chakra
Gemstones and Minerals: Citrine, gold topaz, amber, tiger eye, gold calcite, gold, citrine topaz, peridot, yellow tourmaline, Laguna agate, Labradorite, howlite, jasper, chalcedony, Morganite, heliodor, yellow sapphire
Flower Essences and Scents: Aspen, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Honeysuckle
Juniper, lavender, bergamot, rosemary
Essential Oils â€“
Peppermint, bougainvillea, frangipani, ylang-ylang, cedar, clove
1. Rub your belly
2. Imagine sunshine radiating from your solar plexus
3. Breathe using your diaphragm