The Crown Chakra, located at the top of the head (at our soft spot as an), rules the control of the nervous system by our brain. It also governs the control of our physical incarnation by our higher self. This chakra gives access to our multi-dimensional consciousness by giving us the ability to see physical life from the perspective of our higher self. The Sanskrit name of the chakra is Sahasrara, which means Thousand Fold.
Multidimensional and extrasensory
âAumâ or âeeâ as in Bee
Knowledge / Understanding / Oneness
Knowing - Oneness
We Are, We Know
Pituitary, pineal, nervous system, brain, cerebral cortex, right eye, top center of the head, midline above the ears
Duality, magnetism, controlling patterns, emotional feelings (joy, anger, fear)
A person with a balanced or clear crown chakra gains the ability to go beyond the laws of nature. Such a person has total access to the unconscious and subconscious. A person with a clear crown chakra is often a miracle worker. With a clear crown chakra one can start the development of her Galactic Consciousness by receiving cosmic energy.
A person with an over active crown chakra has a lot of unrealized power. Such a person becomes frustrated and destructive. Sexually such a person would sometimes be passionate and sometimes distant. An over active crown chakra would lead to depression.
An unclear or underactive crown chakra would cause intense worry and anxiety. Such a person is filled with a feeling of confinement and is afraid of things that cannot be understood with physical sense. She would also be indecisive and have little joy in life.
Issues associated with a weak or unclear Crown Chakra are:
2. Diseases of the muscular system
3. Skeletal system problems
4. Skin problems
5. Sensitivity to light, sound and environment
6. Cerebral tumors
7. Cranial pressure
8. Sleeping disorders
9. Scalp problems
10. Mental disorders
2. Lack of purpose
3. Loss of identity
How to balance the Crown Chakra
There are various ways in which you can balance your crown chakra to prevent or heal the ailments associated with it.
1. Mudra or Seated yoga mudra
2. Matsyasana or Fish posture
3. Sarvangasana or Shoulder stand
- Air: fasting / detoxing
- Incense and Smudging Herbs: sage, copal, myrrh, frankincense, and juniper
Incense and smudging herbs are not to be eaten but are ritually inhaled through the nostrils or can be smoked through a ceremony pipe for purification purposes.
Place your hands in front of your stomach with the ring fingers touching at the top and pointing upwards. The rest of the fingers should be crossed, with the right thumb above the left. Chant the mantra â âAumâ
Note: Meditation to balance the crown chakra should be done only once one achieves a clear root chakra.
Say the following whenever you can
1. I am open and receptive to all life
2. Love is eternal
3. Love makes me free
4. I am willing to go beyond my limitations to express and experience greater joy
5. I am always willing to take the next step in my life
6. I am divinely protected and guided
7. I am safe and all life loves and supports me now
8. Love surrounds me, protects and nourishes me
9. I go beyond limiting beliefs and accept myself totally
10. I acknowledge that the source of love is within me
11. I am willing to be responsible for the quality of love and joy I have in my life
12. The more love I give the more there is to receive
13. I am open to the goodness and abundance of the Universe
Gemstones/Minerals, Flower Essences and Scents -
Various minerals, gemstones, flower essences and scents help to stimulate, energize and cleanse the crown chakra
Gemstones and Minerals: Amber, amethyst, clear or rutilated quartz, diamond, iolite, Oregon opal, purple fluorite, pyrite, moldavite, selenite, serpentine, sugalite, tanzanite, Danburite, lepidolite, moldavite,
Flower Essences and Scents: Lotus, Angelica, Star Tulip
Essential Oils â
Lavender, attar of rose