The spleen chakra, located two inches below the navel is related to relationships and sexuality. For women it is the sexual center. Our passion, intuition, imagination and feelings are ruled by this chakra. It is also known as the sacral chakra. The Sanskrit name for this chakra is Svadhisthana, which means Sweetness.
Circle or Pyramid
â€śVamâ€ť or â€śoâ€ť as in home
Skin, kidney, mammary glands, spleen, sexual organs, stomach, upper intestines, liver, gallbladder, kidney, pancreas, adrenal glands, middle spine
Duality, magnetism, controlling patterns, emotional feelings (joy, anger, fear)
A balanced spleen chakra promotes cheerful disposition and intuitiveness. A person with a clear spleen chakra is friendly, has a sense of belonging and is genuinely concerned for others. Such a person has a good sense of humor, is spontaneous and is filled with warmth and compassion.
A person with an over active spleen chakra would be over ambitious and manipulative. The arrogance and conceit associated with an over active spleen chakra can lead a person to be overindulgent and caught up in illusions. Such a person would have a tendency to see others as sex objects. People with an over active spleen chakra do not make friends easily.
If oneâ€™s spleen chakra is under-active or low in energy, the person would be shy and timid. She would be fearful and over sensitive. A weak spleen chakra can fill a person with the feeling of guilt. Such a person may also be impotent or fearful of sex. She would give more than necessary weight to othersâ€™ opinions and want everyone to like them, at any cost. Such people are rigid - physically and in their attitude. They also lack desire.
Issues associated with a weak or unclear Spleen Chakra are:
1. Kidney problems
3. Muscle cramps
6. Weight loss
7. Lower back pain
9. Gynecological problems
10. Pelvic pain
11. Sexual problems
12. Problems related to blood
13. Spleen problems
14. Knee problems
5. Disinterest in life, love and food
How to balance the Spleen Chakra
There are various ways in which you can balance your spleen chakra to prevent or heal the ailments associated with it.
2. Move your hips; focus on pelvic thrusts and circular pelvic movements
1. Bhujangasana or Cobra pose
2. Ardha Matsyendrasana or Twist pose
3. Ardha Pada Hastasana or Leg Lifts
4. Crocodile exercises
5. Trikonasana or triangle pose
10. Janu Sirsasana
11. Ardha Baddha Padma
13. Buddha Konasana
- Sweet fruits: melons, mangos, strawberries, passion fruit, oranges, coconut, etc.
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, etc.
- Spices: cinnamon, vanilla, carob, sweet paprika, sesame seeds, caraway seeds
Sit relaxed with your hands in your lap and palms facing up. Left hand below the right so that the palm of the left hand is touching the back of the right hand. Touch the tips of the thumbs gently. Concentrate on the spleen chakra and chant â€śVamâ€ť.
Say the following whenever you can
1. I unconditionally love and approve of myself at all times.
2. I trust in my own perfection.
3. I am good enough to have what I want.
4. I release my negative attitudes which block my experience of pleasure.
5. It is safe to have life easy and pleasurable.
6. I allow pleasure, sweetness, and sensuality into my life.
7. I allow abundance and prosperity into my life.
8. I am in control of my own sexuality.
9. I give myself permission to enjoy my sexuality fully.
10. I trust the Infinite Intelligence to give me everything I need for my growth
11. I am enough. What I do is enough. What I have is enough. Who I am and
what I do is enough.
12. I open myself to the beauty, joy, and harmony of the Universe and I enjoy it.
I trust the process of life.
13. I love myself exactly as I am right now.
Gemstones/Minerals, Flower Essences and Scents -
Various minerals, gemstones, flower essences and scents help to stimulate, energize and cleanse the spleen chakra
Gemstones and Minerals: Garnet, Moonstone, Orange Tourmaline, carnelian, coral, amber, calcite tigerâ€™s eye, citrine, topaz, fire agate, fire opal, orange spinel, pietersite, rose quartz, actinolite in quartz, orange zincite
Flower Essences and Scents: Indian Paintbrush, Lady's Slipper, Hibiscus
Essential Oils â€“
Rosemary, juniper, sandalwood, jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang, musk
Musk, hyacinth, bergamot, coriander, honeysuckle, patchouli
1. Express your creativity
3. Have fun